Tuesday, April 01, 2008

is the news about Air Farce a joke?

So, it's the poisson d'avril, or, as it is also known, April Fool's day.

CBC usually has some good April Fool's jokes. The one that always seems to stand out in people's mind is the As It Happens piece on Sheila Copps announcing that the clock on the top of the Peace Tower is going to be replaced with a digital clock.

So, today I clicked my way over to www.cbc.ca to see what they might have up in way of practical jokes. What caught my eye was the story telling us that the Royal Canadian Air Farce is ending.

I have no idea whether this is a hoax, or if it is real. When I asked Kate if she thought it was a hoax she said "I hope not", because, well, here's the truth, Air Farce, not so funny anymore. Don't get me wrong, I loved Air Farce when it was on the radio. Made a point of listening to it ever weekend. But once it moved to television, it really lost it's appeal for me.

I'm not sure what it was. I think it got a bit less edgier when it moved to television, it lost some of it's zing. Or, who knows, maybe it has nothing to do with the move to television, maybe it's just one of those things where if a show has been going on long enough it's going to peter out at some point. Who knows.

If it's true then I'm sure there will be uproar about the end of a venerable Canadian institution, but the truth is, I'm with Kate on this one, I think it might be time for Air Farce to be put to rest, it jumped the shark long ago.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here