Saturday, January 19, 2008

music is a wonderful thing

i'm sitting here, listening to music, not even sure what it is, but it's bluesy with a lot of soul and as I rock back and forth in time to the music I realise it's making me feel good.

Music is magical.

I'm even thinking about going out tonight to see some live music. Not sure where I'll go, or even what's playing, and, lets be frank, it's likley not going to happen, but it's a huge step that I'm even thinking of something like that.

I've been listening to a lot of Tom Waits lately, which is perfect, but probably it's time to switch to a bit more upbeat...

Being home alone everyday is making me restless. I find myself wishing that I had something to do, but of course, the idea of leaving the house makes me frantic. bit of a catch 22 there.

On Wednesday night I went to a show, and then went out for drinks with people from university afterwards. It was amazing to feel like a normal person again, even if it only was for one night. But it was a strange set of events that made it all okay. It happened on the spur of the moment, I spent most of my time talking to new people, people with no previous experience of me, so I didn't even think about whether or not I was me.

Oh well, it was a good lesson that I can still do things.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here