Monday, June 18, 2007

planning is overrated

so, today at work I made all sorts of commitments to myself about what I was going to do to get my life back on track.

I made 11 commitments to myself.

Today I kept one of them.

Yep. 1 out of 11.

*sigh*

It's possible this is going to be a long process.

I have decided that instead I'm going to try and keep 2 for this week, then add 2 next week and so on.

So, the two for this week are:
- make dinner (sounds basic, I know, but when tired ordering in or eating out seems so much easier)
- walk home from work occasionally to enjoy a bit of transition time between work and evening (it's a bit more than a half hour walk, so it's a good amount of time for decompression)

Next week I think I'm going to try and add:
- leaving work on time
- bringing lunch everyday

Apparently I felt that since I am so infrequently posting on my blog you, dear readers, would be interested in the commitments I made to myself and couldn't keep, even on the first day.

You maybe excited (or indifferent) to know that one of the commitments is to do some kind of writing everyday, so, although that might be journaling, it also might be blogging. wheee!

What you may find slightly less exciting is that it's more likely that it will be journaling on my blog. Ah well, you win some you lose some.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here