Monday, September 08, 2008

A topic, a topic, my kingdom for a topic!

Writers block reins supreme over here these days.

I got nothing to say.  sigh.

The most exciting thing in my life these days is that my post looking for writers for www.mooneyontheatre.com on craigslist keeps getting flagged and removed.  it's annoying.

Speaking of which, anyone in Toronto want to try their hand at writing about theatre?  I'm looking for folks of all ages and all levels of theatre experience (from none to active participant in the industry).

Oh, wait, here's something to write about.  I'm at Jet Fuel (I know, everyone's falling over in shock now...) and there is a guy here who I really quite like a lot.  He's intense, which can be hard, but he's a good guy.  So, we'll call him Mr. X. 

I saw Mr. X today, said hello and asked him how he was, and he was very silent, finally he said 'I don't think I can talk about it, but my body is well'.  So, I did a kind of sympathetic pouty face and said that I was glad his body was well, but that I was sorry to hear about the other stuff.  He kept staring at me, then quietly put his hand to his chest and said 'my heart, my heart is hurting' and continued to stand there for a while.  All this while I'm sitting at my table.  He looked so sad.  it was hard to watch.  And he stayed for a long time, in silence.  Then he said 'there are lots of things I'd like to talk to you about, but I can't right now'.

I nodded and he started to walk away, and I yelled after him 'mr. X, I'm here whenever you need me, just come get me'  He said thanks and kept walking.

The thing is, he looks like he's in so much emotional pain, I just wanted to hug him, but I don't know if that's appropriate.  First of all, I barely know him, and haven't seen him being really huggy with lots of people, so I'm not sure how he's react.  Second, sometimes when you're feeling like shite and barely holding it together, a hug makes you break and bawl, and I don't know how he'd feel about doing that, and I'm not sure I want to be there when it happens.

hmmmm.  Pain's so hard to watch.  Especially in people you like.  Now I'm sending him psychic hugs and looking up with sympathetic smiles every time he walks by.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here