Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sometimes stuff that's gross is also kind of funny...

Okay, so, you know the church that has the URL godhatesfags?

Well, as part of the Summerworks theatre festival here in Toronto there is a play mocking that church called The Pastor Phelps Project.

Apparently the real Pastor Phelps (of godhatesfags fame) got wind of this and is now coming to Toronto to protest it.

I wrote about it on my Mooney on Theatre blog here.

Here's the thing.  It's horrible, heinous, disgusting, gross, and many other such adjectives, but I can't help laughing every time I read the flyer.  It's so over the top that it feels like a flyer mocking the church, not something the church themselves put out.  It's all so ridiculous that it's hard to take seriously.

Now, if only we could laugh at that stuff, but they don't come to Toronto, and it doesn't effect anyone in anyway.  That would be perfect.

Oh well, in the meantime, welcome to Canada, Pastor Phelps, "Land of the Sodomites" and happy to be so.

 

 

P.S. Whenever I read "Land of the Sodomites" I hear it to the tune of "Land of the silver birch, home of the beaver."  And I have to say, "Land of the sodomites, home of the beaver" makes Canada sound like a very interesting place indeed...




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here