Sunday, July 13, 2008

awww

okay, so, I'm in Jet Fuel, supposed to be working on a post, but I'm going to take a minute to write this because it was kind of heart breaking somehow.

A kid was just in here with his mum, and he had a balloon, and while he was standing there waiting while she got her coffee, his balloon popped.  Not sure why or how it popped, that, it was far away, but it was loud and startling.

And heart-breaking part was how sad and embarrassed the kid looked.  Everyone was really nice, and was comforting him and stuff, no one was mad that he'd popped it, but he looked so disappointed.  He didn't cry, he didn't make a fuss, he just hung his head.

I think if he did cry or make a fuss I would have though 'come on, it's just a fucking balloon' but as it was I wanted to run over and say 'hang on, I'll go to the store and get you a balloon.'

Which I am going to take as a lesson that sometimes it's WAY more effective to not make a fuss.  (not that I'm so much a fuss-making kind of gal, but you know.)




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here