Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Internet dependence

So, I'm at Jet Fuel (shocking), and the power has gone out.  Which means there is no internet connection, and it's too dark to journal or read a book.  But, I do have my computer with battery life.

Somehow that's not enough though.  I suddenly didn't know what I could use my computer for if it wasn't for web stuff.  For some insane reason it felt like I couldn't even write a blog entry without being connected to the internet, even through it's only needed for the publishing part.

I find it interesting how much I seem to *need* to be in front of the computer, connected to the internet, at all times possible.  I'm not sure what that's about.  Am I afraid that something important is going to happen and I'm going to miss out?  Is it because I still can't seem to really spend time with friends so it's my only connection to them?  Is it just habit, plain and simple?

I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it's an odd feeling.

In the meantime, I *obviously* need to get some offline games on this machine...




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here