Monday, December 17, 2007

I've been tagged...

Eight random facts
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.


1 - I'm dyslexic. I spend a lot of time and energy and effort trying to hide it. It's kind of biting me in the ass at work right now though, so I need to figure out if I can get myself some official documentation as an adult (I think it's usually something they document with kids...) in a back-pocket just in case kind of way. I also wonder if there are places that I can learn more coping mechanisms for it. I am kind of working at coming to terms with it.

2 - I am full of confidence in my personal life, but completely insecure at work. It's possible this is somehow related to point 1.

3 - I lived in Zambia for 2 years and Barbados for 1 year as a child, but I was born in Guelph and keep coming back to it. I suspect I will live there again in my lifetime.

4 - My favourite author is Philip Pullman and I am equally terrified and excited to see the Golden Compass on the big screen. I really want to see it, but I am terrified they will ruin my favourite book.

5 - I actually enjoy doing the chicken dance *ducks a tomatoes are thrown at her*

6 - In a little over 4 years I will have been with my partner (John) for as long as I haven't. That is to say, I'll have lived 18 years of my life without him, and 18 years of my life with him.

7 - I straddle the border between extrovert and introvert, but my defense mechanism is to just pretend I'm always and extrovert. This has diminished somewhat, I now actually allow myself to just leave the big crowds of people instead of feeling obligated to stay in them and getting stressed. If you'd ever been to a party at my house you will notice I spend all my time in the kitchen talking to a few people at once, rather than in the main part of the party with the big group of people.

8 - I think subserviant chicken (from burger king) was the best thing ever to have graced the internet. (well, that and the recent cat wake up call cartoon that has been floating around)


No tags, I don't generally tag folks.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here