Thursday, February 08, 2007

St. George's Dances in Guelph Ontario

If you went to high school in Guelph, Ontario in the late 80's early 90's (and possibly later than that, I'm not actually sure when they stopped) you will remember St. George's dances, whether you went to them or not. The DJ was Brad Howe. At least, I think it's Howe, I'm not actually sure.

What I'm looking for is people who actually *went* to these dances that played such a dominant roll in my teen years.

I'm trying an experiment on Pandora where I put in all the music I can remember being played there and see what it comes up with (or if it explodes).

So, here's what I remember clearly:
- Violent Femmes (Add It Up? American Music? I'll admit I'm guessing on the specific song)
- Jump Around (House of Pain)
- Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
- Head Like a Hole (Nine Inch Nails)
- Red Red Wine (UB40)
- Go Down (Yeasty Girls - oddly enough Pandora does not have this ditty...)
- Rock Lobster (B-52s)

Can you remember any others that were played regularily?

**update**
I remembered one on the weekend:
-Tained Love (Soft Cell)




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here