Thursday, February 16, 2006

Love Song Of A. Hari Viswanathan

I had drinks with a colleague tonight. I was going to say a friend, but the truth is, I don’t know him well enough to call him a friend really. I would like to call him a friend though. Sometime I hope to call him a friend. But I digress.

I had drinks tonight with a very fun fellow. We sang each other themes from childhood shows
It’s great, it’s great,
To have, to have,
A friend, a friend,
Like Hercules, like Hercules
Countered with
Oh the World of Oz is a very funny place
Where everyone wears a funny, funny face
All the streets are paved with gold
And no one ever grows old
In that funny land lives the Wizard of Oz
We talked about our mutual distain for Fables of the Green Forest, and how we still watched it because it was on after the Polka Dot Door.

We talked about the changing definitions of ‘alternative music’, we reminisced about when ‘alternative music’ was a way to describe music that didn’t fit into a particular genre, instead of just being a genre in and of itself.

We talked about the self-confidence that comes with getting older, and about how sometimes it doesn’t actually come with getting older.

We talked about what brought us to where we are in our careers.

We talked about music.

We laughed lots.

He drank Guinness, I drank Cider. We ate nachos.

Really, I think this is just a big entry to say I had a really nice evening and I’m glad I finally got to hang out with Hari.

By the way, Hari makes music. Very good music as a matter of fact. So, I encourage you to go to his website, and if you’re around, go to a gig and see him live. The band is Careless. They're playing somewhere sometime and I think we should all go. I say somewhere sometime because I don't know the details (it’s March 2nd) and it doesn’t appear to be up on his website (okay, we’ll allow him this small fault), but when I find out I’ll let you know, ‘cause wouldn’t it be fun to have a big crew all go?




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here