Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's what?

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions. There is something about making New Year's Resolutions that feels like they might be destined to fail.

But it does seem as good a time as any to step back, take stock, re-examine your life and how you are living it and see if there are any changes you want to make. Which, I guess, is what New Year's resolutions (geeze, why am I all of a sudden using capitalization on my blog? I never do that...) are, so, in the spirit of that, and with full knowledge that if I don't do it I will not fall into self-punishing self-loathing behaviour...

Here are my New Year's Resolutions so far (if you're a regular reader you know them already, but i'm listing them out just for fun):
- see more live music (the $5 cover for a night of fun kind of thing)
- usher at local theatres in order to catch some free live theatre
- play scrabble in a coffee shop (specifically with snooze, but also with others)
- live frugally for january, february, and likely march, in order to pay off our debts (we will be leasing a car this week, which is why the addition of the extra month.)
- explore free things in the city (festivals, events, parks, cemetaries etc)


Some other things I'm considering are:
- develop a chore list and schedule
- institute a 'date night' where one night a week john and i spend time just the two of us, doing somthing fun together.
- get a permanent job
- go on a shopping spree at good for her and/or come as you are

Did anyone else make any resoultions/do some self-examination?




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here