Friday, November 18, 2005

** UPDATE*** book launch

We'll call this update "my brother is a nerd" because it would appear that they are cancelling Sunday because of the Santa Clause Parade. The nerd comment comes not just from the fact that they are cancelling, but more because my brother didn't even tell me it was cancelled, John ran into my brother today and my brother mentioned it to him. This is a problem because I've been promoting this left right and centre and a bunch of folks have said they are going to come and I have to try and remember who is coming and who I need to notify. . .

I'm assuming it will be rescheduled, and when it is I'll be sure to let you know when it's happening.

************

For those of you in Toronto, my brother is having his book launch on Sunday. Well, I don't know if it's a launch technically, I think that happened already, but it's something to do with his book.

The book is Parting Ways by Andrew Foley (wrote the text), Scott Mooney (illustrator), Nick Craine (inks) . You can find it on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com (oddly enough they are different listings, there is a review on the .com site) and ChaptersIndigo (honestly, as online book sites go, I prefer Amazon).

I found this in a news release:
PARTING WAYS: THE NEAR-LIFE EXPERIENCES OF PETER ORBACH by Andrew Foley, Scott Mooney, And Nick Craine
Peter Orbach wants to live. It's too bad he didn't realize this earlier; it won't do him much good now that he's in Hell...
Peter isn't the first person to believe he shouldn't be damned, but he may be the first that's objectively correct. Somehow, his soulless body still lives...and from all appearances, it's doing great without him...

And I found an interview with Andrew and Scott, funny to see (well, read) my brother interviewed...

So, Sunday the SAFETY FIRST TOUR, Featuring Scott Chantler, Nick Craine, and Scott Mooney will be in Toronto. So, it's not technically a book launch, since Scott Chantler isn't involved in this project. It's more a gathering of artists who used to work together and in the process they are also promoting various works.

The details are:
Sunday, November 20th
1pm-3pm
at The Beguiling, 601 Markham Street, Toronto

It's free, seems like a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon...

The Beguiling is located at 601 Markham Street, near Bloor & Bathurst, in downtown Toronto.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here