Tuesday, February 15, 2005

nope, no valentine's day post

it's true, i didn't post on valentine's day. not for any big 'valentine's day is a corporate sell out crock of a day' kind of reasons. i have no problem with valentine's day. i kind of like the idea of a day to remind us to be thankful to the ones we love. just like mother's day and father's day. for me i don't limit my valentine's to lovers, valentine's for me is a day for loved ones.

as an aside which i only bring up 'cause it just popped into my head for the first time in 8 years or so... i remember one year getting my friend kathy a ridiculous number of condoms, like, 60 or something, in a very attractive tin she should leave at her bedside. it was a very well received gift, and it was funny to buy too...

but this valentine's day i fell short. the whole new job and settling in and commuting and living in toronto and and and, well, it's not leaving me with much time.

so, what did i do this valentine's day? well, i went took the bus back to guelph, went to the chiro, made myself dinner, took my 'little sister' out for coffee (decaf, 'cause i'm not insane...) came home and collapsed in bed.

and that my friends is the story of why no valentine's day post from meg.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here