Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spring fever?

I've been feeling a bit restless lately. Not sure how to describe it exactly, just restless. There are changes afoot, the biggest being the move. That's exciting, but also a bit overwhelming.

I have to do my stuff for LTD (long term disability), which is, well, terrifying. I'm not exactly sure why, I guess just 'cause I hate that I'm going to be on LTD, although, also completely thankful that it is an option.

I spend an awful lot of time at a local cafe called Jet Fuel. It's wonderful here. I have a friend who came here and said it was the most pretentious place he'd ever been in, which, you know, is true. But it's also interesting, and welcoming (once you've been here a few times) and has a feeling of community. It's filled with regulars, we often nod at each other in acknowledgment, sometimes chat with each other, and always smile at each other. In fact, since most of us here are doing work of some kind, we will sometimes take “coffee breaks” and chat with each other, between frantic bouts of typing.

It's a comfortable place.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here