Wednesday, April 16, 2008

a post that was supposed to go up yesterday...

So, this was supposed to go up yesterday, but I didn't end up posting it, so, here it is today.

Last night [Monday night] John wiped the laptop for me. It’s really good ‘cause it was limping along and really needed to be cleaned up, reformatted, start from scratch. And he was awesome, he put everything back for me, right down to my IM program.

But, for some reason, which neither of us can figure out, it will no longer connect to the Jet Fuel WiFi network. No connection at all. I’ve tried restarting a couple times, I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the network card, randomly futzing with settings, nothing is working. And it’s killing me. I’m writing this post offline and am sad thinking about the fact that I’m going to have to go home soon be connected (yes, the connection works at home) so that I can write my article. But really, I just want to stay here.

It’s amazing how dependent on an internet connection I am. First, I told a friend that I would find him online and we’d make plans, I told him I’d be online at noon, it is now one, so, not online, I’m virtually standing him up. Second, I have an article to write that I can’t even begin to write without the internet because I need to do some research before I can begin.

What a bloody strange thing to be this dependent on something. It’s quite unbelievable how cut off from the world I feel right now, even though I’m in a room full of people. Makes me feel kind of weird that I’m so reliant on technology.

Grrrrr.

So, I’ll finish this latte and be on my way I guess.

Oh, and before I forget, a shout out to Kate wishing her a very happy birthday. And, you know, in case I don’t post tomorrow, a shout out to Brice too. Happy birthday guys, I love you both muchly and wish you all the best.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here