Tuesday, March 15, 2005

the warm fuzzy people of toronto

so, i just had my first real taste of what people talk about happening in big cities.

i was walking to the elevator at work and my cell phone dropped out of my pocket.

a guy was ambling towards me, looked down at it, said "oops" and then walked around it and kept going.

i have never had something like that happen to me before. in all my previous experience of dropping things the person has stopped and bent down to pick up whatever i dropped (or, started do, i might have gotten to it first to pick up, but the gesture was there). in all my previous experience of being around someone when they drop something i have always bent down to pick it up.

maybe this is the facelessness of the big city people talk about.

or, maybe he was just a jerk.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here