Tuesday, March 29, 2005

sun, sun, mr. golden sun, please shine down on me...

good god. is it possible. has spring sprung at last?

will i no longer have to thing of paul simon every time i walk to work and am slip sliding away?

no no, now i can think of raffi and cheerfully sing "sun, sun, mr. golden sun" in my head as i walk to work. this will of course make me think of the song "all i really need" and will have me singing "all i really need is a song in my hear, food in my belly, and looove in my family..." over and over and over again, because i love the song so much and it just makes me so damn happy and paints my face with a wide grin. although it really will only be those specific words, since they're all i can ever remember of the song.

i bet by the end of the day all the snow in our backyard will be gone. melted into oblivion. clearing the way for me to sit on my deck and sip cider while i listen to the chirping of the returning birds.

then all that is left is to wait for that final sign of spring, the pile of feathers, beak and claws left at the back door. oh, and that sack of weird grossness that is very squishy to step on.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here