Saturday, March 19, 2005

hey! i know what words mean!

okay, so i was taking a "The Commonly Confused Words Test" that i found through Nalo's blog (Nalo Hopkinson is a wicked writer, toronto-based, writes great science fiction, i highly reccomend her, geeze, i'm all about books in the last couple of weeks...)

i will admit, one of the questions made me giggle. when asked:

Speeding in your car is ___________.
a) risky
b) risque
c) either a or b
d) neither a nor b

i felt myself needing to know more before i answered. i mean, what else am i doing while speeding in my car? am i speeing in my car topless? well, then it would be both a and b. am i speeding in my car fully clothed, listening to black cabbage on the radio, and on an empty race track, well, then it would be neither. and really, the variations went on from there, things that were risky but not risque, things that were risque but not risky... hmmm. yeah. apparently i'm a big geek and might want to consider going out and getting a life, prefereably a risky risque life...

oh, and if anyone is curious, here are my results:

Advanced
You scored 100% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 72% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here