Friday, September 10, 2004

sleepless in guelph (it loses something without the alliteration)

Wow. Look at the time. Hellishly late for me on a school night. (okay, it’s a work night, but I still call them school nights, sometimes I like living in the past…)

So, you may wonder why the hell I’m up this late, and why in god’s name am I writing an entry in my blog instead of trying to sleep. It’s a very good question, and I know I am wondering much the same thing.

I have a theory though. For some reason I haven’t been able to sleep for the last week or so. I’m surviving on a couple nights of sleep a night, and those couple hours are wracked with awful dreams. So, the short answer? I think I’m scared. I think I’m scared to go to bed. But I know I’m going to be a wreck at work tomorrow. And I have to talk to all the muckidy-mucks tomorrow too. “Executive Forum”, basically, all the highest paid people in our ministry in a room together. Maybe tomorrow will be a make up day…
But the whole afraid of sleep thing, it’s a little weird. Actually, a lot weird. Sleeping used to be how I dealt with stress. Seriously, when I say “used to be” I mean, up until a week ago… I can usually embrace change, but this one has kind of taken me by surprise. Oh well, perhaps this will pass.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here