Wednesday, October 26, 2005

sorrow sometimes creeps in

today i had a delicious lunch of chicken shwarma at red and white on young street.

when i got there i noticed two women talking, they looked like mother and daughter.

as i got closer and sat down close to them i could hear snippits of their conversation and i became even more sure they were mother and daughter. the mother was dispensing supportive helpful motherly advice. i was trying not to cry.

seeing this pair enjoying a meal together and having a heart to heart made my own heart ache with the absence of my mother.

sometimes it's okay living so far from my mum, never ideal, but usually managable.

but other times, completely unexpectedly, the empty ache makes itself knows.

today day was one of those unexpected days.

i wept a little on the way back to my office. i'm weeping a little now.

now i will bury myself deeply in my work with hopes of strong distraction.

i love you mum.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here