Wednesday, May 25, 2005

lovin' that man o' mine...

got this in an email from john today (he's in france for a couple weeks helping my mum out with renovation stuff). There was a particularily lovely passage:

"It's a remarkably stress-free way of living. I get up, I work, I eat, read a bit,then go to bed. Other people take care of feeding me, giving me smokes and booze,and that's it. If it weren't for the lack of you, it'd be perfect. "

i don't know, i just got all oogly googly at the "if it weren't for the lack of you". i know it's weird that i need the confirmation 'cause it's kind of a given, but it's nice to know he's missing me.

and then i learned that it was good that i wasn't there when i read this bit (in response to my asking if the drains were fixed, 'cause they'd been broken and there was apparently no showering taking place):

"The drains were fixed, but then the hot water heater died - I managed to get one shower in before the hot water went away... It's a good thing I haven't really been in contact with anyone other than family and jonathan, because I'm dirty, smelly, unshaven, and pretty scruffy. You'd hate it. ;)"

i am not a fan of the scruffy...




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here