Friday, January 28, 2005

the end is nigh

okay. so. here i sit. my last day at my old job.

i have a strange mix of emotions going on here. i'm very excited to be going to my new position, my new ministry. i am also very nervous. so many big changes all at once. new ministry, new city, new job, new abode, not seeing john everynight, all those things bundled into one.

i am also very sad to be leaving OMAF. this ministry is full of really wonderful people who do excellent work. (there are of course some people who are not so wonderful and don't do such excellent work, but that is the case in any large company). on my way back to my desk after lunch i was stopped by no less than 7 people, all wishing me well, all wanting hugs. each subsequent hug was harder. by the 7th person i had to escape so i didn't start crying. this has been my 'home' for the last 4 years, it is VERY hard to leave.

i do know i'm making the right decision and i'm off to bigger and better things, but sometimes i think to myself "geeze, are you crazy, how can you leave this behind!"

oh well, deep breaths. this sadness will pass and the excitment will stay. i just have to keep reminding myself of that.

and tonight, well, tonight i'm going to enjoy the party and my house and probably drink to much and just let it all flow.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here