Thursday, December 30, 2004

Happy Birthday to John, Happy Birthday to John, Happy Birthday deeaarr Johhhhhnn, Happy Birthday to John

Today is the birthday of the man I love. So, I’m taking a quick break from Paris blogging in order to tell the world (well, the few readers I have anyway...) about him.

John is 33 today.
John is smart.
John is witty.
John is hansom.
John is caring.
John is a store of useless (but interesting) information.
John is an actor.
John is a singer.
John is a techie (theatre and computer).
John is a designer.
John is creative.
John is loving.
John is patient.
John is strong.
John loves to learn new things.
John makes me laugh.
John appreciates the finer things in life.
John drinks dark beers and red wine.
John hates Strongbow (well, he can’t be perfect now can he?)
John figures out how people learn before he teaches them something new.
John follows me around in stores picking up without complaint the stuff I’ve clumsily knocked over and haven’t even noticed.
John joins in laughing uproariously at burping and farting while my mum and I are gasping for breath because for some reason we think it’s so bloody funny.
John has been my partner for 10 years and almost 9 months now.
John loves to take things apart and put them back together again, usually still in working order.
John does all our plumbing.
John chipped away our stone wall by hand to get at a pipe just ‘cause he felt like doing it that way, instead of, say, renting a hammer drill.
John makes the best Kraft dinner ever. Seriously. Best ever. I have no idea how one would make better Kraft dinner than someone else, but this man manages it.
John is the biggest cat suck I’ve ever met. (I come a close second)
John takes fabulous pictures.
Things are better when John is around.
John makes me happy.
John gets along really well with my mum.
John has really funky glasses.
John quit smoking after 20 years of pretty serious smoking, it’s been four months smoke free (well, mostly smoke free, he has had a couple while here in Paris, but seriously, I’m talking a grand total of 3 in the whole smoke filled trip).
John looks great in charcoal gray.
John is uber competitive, but he knows it and is able to joke about it.
John hates shopping and loves it when I come home with new clothes for him that he hasn’t had to go into a store for.
John comes shopping with me even though he hates it. He even comes into Winners with me, even though it’s his most despised place on the planet.
John loves video games.
John loves to read.
John likes movies.
John reads to me when we go to bed (and I to him sometimes).
John has a fabulous ass.
John stuck with me through six months of hellish depression (before I was diagnosed) very early on in our relationship when most people would have bolted.
John made me feel safe.
I love John more than I ever thought I could love someone.
There are many things about John that make him one of my heroes.
I love John very very very much.
John is an all around wonderful person.

Happy birthday my love.

If you know John and want to leave your observations about him in the comments then I welcome them here and I’ll make sure he gets them.


In the meantime here are some photos of the man I adore so very much who celebrates a birthday today:


Who else can manage to look galant on a subway?



He's so cute right after he's been tickled...


The next four are a small project he's undertaken during our visit in Paris. Cheesy photos he takes of himself in front of tourist destinations.


From the Eiffel Tour



In front of the Louvre



In front of the opera house



In front of Les Galeries Lafayette


And just a normal not camp picture of my love.
This has been a big public declaration of love from Megan Mooney (mainja) to John Bourke.
big hugs and kisses to you as you enter your 34th year my love.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here