Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's my first time... (Please be gentle)

John here...

I'm going to take Dickeybird's invitation (no, I won't wait for Mainja's) to guest blog, and post a little story of what happened to me on the way home today.

I won't tell you about the day I had at work, nor will I bore you with any long drawn out exposition on the lack of sleep I've had lately. Suffice to say that I was a little spaced out.

I was listening to a song from the (excellent by the way) new Red Hot Chili Peppers' album, sheltered from the rain by my umbrella, gazing with bemusement at the collection of hobos, coked out whores and general scum that inhabit our neighbourhood while waiting for the light to turn so I could cross the street. I don't know how much time had passed, but it was at least as long as it took for 'Dani California' to play out and for a couple of non-memorable commercials and inane DJ chatter to happen before I realised that I had been standing at the light for an awfully long time. In fact, as I actually looked at the crossing light for the first time, I discovered that there were no pedestrian signals at all, that the traffic lights were just flashing red, and I had been standing on the corner in the rain for at least five minutes waiting for a walk signal that wouldn't come until some people came and repaired the signalling system.

I decided not to wait for them any more, and ignoring the strange looks from the aforementioned hobos, whores, and scum, went home.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here