Tuesday, August 09, 2005

thanks?

so, walking home tonight, from my favourite bar on earth (hair of the dog) through one of my favourite places in toronto (allen gardens) someone called to me from his perch on a bench.

he was a very attractive guy with big long dreads, maybe early 40s or late 30s...

he called out "hey there size girl!"

when i turned around to smile at him he was sporting the greatest smile and said "and how are you doing tonight?"

smiling, i said "fabulous thank you, and you?"

he chuckled and said "excellent thank you."

with a smile and a nod i said "excellent" and kept on my merry way (perhaps swining my hips just a little tiny bit...)

i am assuming it was said as a term of endearment simply because of how lovely and friendly he was. but i have to admit, i have never heard the term "size girl" before.

again assumptions, but i am assuming it is basically "you're curvy and i like that" but i can't for the life of me find any reference to it on the interweb.

so, do you think it was meant to be friendly, or do you think he was insulting me and now thinks i'm just about the most gracious person on earth for how well i took it?




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here