Wednesday, January 12, 2005

my new life in toronto

so, today marks my first day of my new life in toronto.

right now it's in a strange state of flux actually. i am working in toronto a couple days a week and staying with my dear friend cameron. he agreed to take me in as a roommate for an exceptionally reasonable monthly rate, which is very very nice of him since he has a tiny space and i imagine i'll be under foot a lot.

the space is in what he calls the "gaybourhood", an area of toronto that i am very fond of. not just because of the great energy it has, but also because of it's short and easy walking distance from my office.

the first day in the office was an interesting time. the toronto office is much quieter and, well, more formal (?) than the guelph office. people don't joke around. they in fact barely talk. i imagine this will change once i've been there for a while, but it's all very foreign for me.

anyway, when i'm not here i'm still living in my lovely house in guelph. so i'm a weekend guelphite and a weekday torontonian. eventually the plan is to move here, but i don't want to pick up and move here for a short term contract.

i realise this isn't the most interesting of posts, but, well, i just thought i'd keep people updated on my life.

oh, and i have an interview for a senior policy advisor with the ministry of community and social services which i would really love.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here