Thursday, November 11, 2004

my embarassing moment for the week

so, on tuesday we had a meeting. most of the meeting was here in guelph, but we were on a conference call to two people in toronto. well, we were supposed to be. but for some reason whenever we tried connecting we kept getting a busy signal.

after trying for a while we decided to call someone in the toronto office to see if they could suss out the situation. my manager was talking to her and explaining the situation, but i wasn't sure if it was clear that the problem was a busy signal so as she was hanging up i piped up with "the problem is we're getting busy in here"

let me repeat that for you...

"the problem is we're getting busy in here"

i had meant to say a busy signal of course, but in my rush to say it before the inevitable click of disconnection (is that a word?) i was sputtering it out at top speed, and missed a few key words.

in the whole room i think it was only me and one other guy who realised my foible. he and i looked at each other and tried very very hard to stifle giggles, and got strange questioning looks from everyone else in the room.

for the rest of the meeting whenever i looked over at him, and sometimes when i was just looking down at my paper, i would have to suppress a giggle. for those who know me, they know that supressing a giggle is a very difficult thing for me. really, some people climb mountains to challenge themselves, i suppress giggles. i'm just a giggly sort.

so, again, i leave you with my now immortal (well, to me, and, well, until i forget, so maybe not so immortal, but you get the idea) words:

"the problem is we're getting busy in here"




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here