Monday, September 06, 2004

recovered

Okay, I have recovered from the trauma of losing my whole post. ;) so it’s time to write again. This time I’ll start in a word processor though, and copy and past from here I think. ;)

So, my mum left on Thursday. I’m still recovering. It’s so heart wrenching when she leaves sometimes I wonder if it’s worth the visit. And yes, it absolutely is. I wouldn’t trade my time with my mum for anything.

Perhaps some background here…

My mum lives in the south of France. Has for the last 3 years or so. I live in the south of, well, Ontario. Doesn’t have quite the same allure somehow. I know that to some people having their mum (or dad) so far away is a dream come true, but my mum is most definitely my best friend in the world. I attribute some of this to not having lived with her as a teenager, since I am sure that would have caused strife and likely led to a rift in our relationship. However, lucky for us (and unlucky for my dad I guess) I lived with my dad as a teenager. So he had to put up with all the bullshit, and my mum and I hung out on weekends. My mother is a very wise woman. She’s smart and funny and caring. She’s also a no-bullshit woman. All things I admire. But what I love most about hanging out with her is how we laugh. We laugh uproariously, we laugh until it hurts, we laugh until tears pour down our face, we laugh until that little bit of urine escapes ‘cause you’re body can’t stand the pressure, then we laugh at the fact that we just ‘peed ourselves’. Laughter is the key to my relationship with my mother I think.

So, my mum came for a week. She left on Thursday. She’s back in France. I’m slowly recovering from her being gone. So, I should start posting again. Just thought I’d let you know where I was. *grin*




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here