Monday, August 30, 2004

perfect

as i type i am sitting on my back deck. there is sunlight filtering through the trees. i am listening to ella. i'm sipping a cold beverage. and smoking the occasional cigarette (shhh, i know it's bad, but i enjoy it).

is there a more perfect way to spend a summer evening?

well, perhaps with friends. but sometimes it's the times alone i cherish the most.

birds chirping. dappled sunlight on the lawn. lush garden surrounding me.

this is my happy place.

i think sometimes i don't cherish the wonderful things in life enough. in too much of a rush to get things done to even notice the nice things around me. i think i need to do something about that. not sure what yet. but i think it's time i start making a concerted effort to "smell the roses" as they say.

maybe i'll make a list of the things i love. maybe when i'm feeling blue then i can turn to that list and not only make some kind of concious acknowledgment of the good things in my life, but choose one of those things to do. perk my spirits.

i find that when i'm in that kind of state i can't think of the things that i could do that would perk me up.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here