Friday, September 16, 2005

me! me! it's all about me!!!!

on one of the blogs i read (l'extension du domaine de l'absurde) there was a comment that piqued my interested.

Le Serpent said: "you can always count on some people to comment on themselves instead of on your post"

and he's right.

but he says it like it's a bad thing. i'm not sure i buy into that. i think it's just as valid as something about the post specifically.

if the point is that the post made someone think, and to me that's the best outcome. if it made them think of themselves, of their experience, of their life, well, that's great.

does every comment have to be a commentary on that specific post?

for me i leave a comment to say 'i was here, i read your post, you're in my life'. but i may not have anything particular that i want to say in response to the post. or i may want to reciprocate. they just opened up a part of themselves to me and the world, so, maybe i want to say thanks by doing the same.

i don't know. sometimes there is this black and white view of the world, where people who talk about themselves are bad (unless of course it's their own blog...)

oh, and for the record, this post is not in any way meant to be a slam on Le Serpent. he is an amazing writer and seems like a pretty cool guy, it just got me thinking is all.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Who Links Here